Forgot to mention that it would also require to change most animation
scripts and GAP...

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Olivier <oleca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You seem to be interested only in animated GIF?
> Even in this case, are you aware of the GIMP Animation Package?
> Olivier Lecarme

First of all, yes - I am aware of GAP and I used it several times
(although I'm still not completely familiar with it).

Still, abusing layer names must stop and this is my main request - and
in order to stop this we must introduce a very simple animation editor
(since we have many animation scripts and it should be possible to
edit their result). GAP is very good and complicated, and I'm
referring to something much simpler only to edit the frame
duration/disposal (instead of the ugly layer name hack) - nothing