Hello from the noob...

I'm working on my first Gimp plugin in python, and most things work, but
I can't seem to make a bucket-fill into the selection.

My code currently does:

res=pdb.gimp_edit_bucket_fill_full(drawable,FG_BUCKET_FILL,NORMAL_MODE,0,0,True,False,SELECT_CRITERION_COMPOSITE,0,0)

... but this returns "None", so I suspect something is not correct in
the call. As far as I can tell:

    -  "drawable" is indeed an existing layer of the image.
    -  there is a selection.

I have tried various other values to no avail. I've also tried the
python-fu console, after creating a selection by hand on a plain new image:

 >>> print gimp.image_list()[0]
<gimp.Image 'Untitled'>
 >>> img=gimp.image_list()[0]
 >>> layer=img.active_layer
 >>> print layer
<gimp.Layer 'Background'>
 >>> print
pdb.gimp_edit_bucket_fill_full(layer,FG_BUCKET_FILL,NORMAL_MODE,0,0,True,False,SELECT_CRITERION_COMPOSITE,0,0)
None
 >>> print
pdb.gimp_edit_bucket_fill_full(layer,FG_BUCKET_FILL,NORMAL_MODE,0,0,True,False,SELECT_CRITERION_V,0,0)
None

Running Gimp Windows 2.6.10

Any ideas? That must be something fairly obvious for anyone else...

Ofnuts

PS: <flattery kind="outright">I take the opportunity to thank all the
contributors to that fine piece of software.</flattery>