On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 21:38 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 09/06/2010 09:22 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Will buildbot build failures be posted to this list? Do you have the
> > 'blame' feature setup so that the commits that potentially broke the
> > build are listed?
>
> I think posting failures to the list would create too much spam, my plan
> was to have an IRC bot for that instead.

Hmm, buildbot has support for that, but I don't quite understand what
buildbot output on IRC would be good for. IMO the buildbot web-site
should be accessible by anyone and the bot should send mails in the case
of a build failure. Given how seldom the GIMP tree does not compile,
this shouldn't create too much traffic.

> I don't have the blame feature set up yet, but is is usually not hard to
> figure out what commit that caused make distcheck to fail. Eventually I
> want to run make distcheck for each commit pushed, but we can live
> without that for now.

Sure, it's easy to figure out. But with a list of commits to consider
(commits between the last successful build and the broken one), it's
even easier.

Sven