If your 'variants' are similar you could just use PF_OPTION and change your variables/options with an if/else...

Or you can define different functions and register them separately in the same file. The 'palette-to-gradient.py' file in the source does this... http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/pygimp/plug-ins/palette-to-gradient.py