Am Sonntag, 12. September 2010 schrub Mirza Husadzic:

> The algorithm:
> As strokes are processed the key for each line in stroke (x1,x2,y1,y2) is
> constructed and pushed into hash table.
> If key is uniuqe then line in stroke is valid.
> If key is duplicated, then line is rejected and current stroke ends  (begin
> of a new stroke).
> That's it.
> This method can be applied even if paths are merged from GUI. I will
> further test this approach
> with other shapes from SVG (cubic bezier, ellipse etc).
> If they are flattened on lines, at this stage, maybe this may work with
> them too.
> But, I'm not sure about this. I didn't tested it.
> I would like to hear you opinions.

I haven't looked into your patch nor do I know how GIMP actually draws the
paths. So if I'm writing nonsense – just ignore me. ;-)

As I understand the previous mails the problem is that each path is painted
using XOR so an even number of paths over a single pixel will be invisible.

What about not drawing on the canvas using XOR but maintaining an extra 1-bit-
buffer on which the paths are painted and which in the end is XORed to the

I don't know if that's too much overhead or if it doesn't make any sense at
all. It just came to my mind …