On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 18:28 +0200, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
> On 23.09.2010 06:05, Abir Sadik wrote:
> > Heyy..
> >
> > I was looking for something on ebay and this is what i stumbled upon:
> > some seller or sellers are selling GIMP and many other open source
> > applications (vlc, pidgin) pretending as a "distributor" of the
> > softwares. check this seller http://myworld.ebay.com/bourleche
> > He is selling GIMP and vlc, oo, pidgin etc. with it as "bonus" softwares.
> >

> If there is such a market for selling GIMP why not the project itself is
> selling the software on ebay. In my country (germany) some people do not
> have access to broadband internet and like to buy a CD of the software.

You can get a copy of GIMP on a CD/DVD in the newspaper shop nearby
pretty much every week. Just check out the computer magazines. Currently
there's the c't special on sale that comes with lots of interesting
software for photo editing:
https://www.heise.de/kiosk/special/ct/10/06/programme.shtml

Sven