in GAP I would like to see
- repaired .APNG support (import and export)
- .MNG (import and export)
- numbered .BMP's as frames (used in a number of video frame conversion
programs) (import and export)
- .AVI (import and export, but you can limit the kinds of video formats you
want
to support, since there are MANY)
- .flv (import and export) (I think it already does this)
- .swf (import and export)

and if someone really feels like doing it, .mpg and .vp8 files and some of the
modern formats.  I believe mplayer can read a lot of these formats, and what
mplayer does not read, ffmpeg does. ffmpeg even does AVI[MJPEG] which is what
my
camera puts out.

------------
Jim Michaels
jmich...@yahoo.com
j...@jimscomputerrepairandwebdesign.com
http://JimsComputerRepairandWebDesign.com
http://JesusnJim.com (my personal site, has software)
http://DoLifeComputers.JesusnJim.com (group which I lead)
---
Computer memory/disk size measurements:
[KB KiB] [MB MiB] [GB GiB] [TB TiB]
[10^3B=1000B=1KB][10^6B=1000000B=1MB][10^9B=1000000000B=1GB][10^12B=1000000000000B=1TB]

[2^10B=1024B=1KiB][2^20B=1048576B=1MiB][2^30B=1073741824B=1GiB][2^40B=1099511627776B=1TiB]

Note: disk size is measured in MB, GB, or TB, not in MiB, GiB, or TiB.
computer
memory (RAM) is measured in MiB and GiB.