On 10/10/2010 00:22, David Gowers (kampu) wrote:
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Ofnuts<ofn...@laposte.net>  wrote:
  Assume I have a selection on small area (for instance a 20px circle),
and I invert it. Now, if I grow the selection by a sufficient amount
(10px in this case), everything gets selected.

Is there a practical, fast way, to detect this case, i.e, that the
selection covers the whole layer (or image?) and that no pixels remain
unselected? I assume that inverting the selection again and testing for
empty would work, but that would be two selection inversions in the
normal case and that may be a bit costly.
Testing for empty and for full are the same operation (an empty sel is
equivalent to a full one)

HTH

There are indeed many tools that behave the same way if the selection is empty of complete, but gimp_selection_is_empty <http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimp/libgimp-gimpselection.html#gimp-selection-is-empty>() return False when the selection is complete, alas.

--
Bertrand