Hello guys, I'm a student and I'm curious about developing a plugin and compile
it under Windows (7 - 64bit) systems.

So, I always try to use Visual Studio 2008 for convenience, and (before
starting with that guide
http://developer.gimp.org/writing-a-plug-in/1/index.html) I tried to find a
sort of "tutorial" to prepare the environment to code with libgimp and so on...

But i encountered lots of difficulties :(

I'm at this point:

- I downloaded the GIMP Source Code from here
ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.6/, and I extracted it to have all the needed
libraries (like libgimp/gimp.h, ....).

- Downloaded also Glib and Gtk sources

- ... tried to link all the required libraries and to compile the "hello.c"
plugin described in the developer.gimp.org guide... with no success cause it
gave me lots of linking errors

Let me say it... it's very difficult to start a GIMP plugin for a "gimp-dev
beginner" that however has years of coding behind, it seems that there is no

So...is there a wiki to start coding under that environment? Or better... an

thank u so much