Hi.

I would like to precisely understand how the "gimp-progress-install"
procedure works; sorry, I have tried to see the source code for this
purpose, but I am still not very experienced in reading and managing
it, and I have some difficulty in figuring out what a
"progress-callback" exactly represents.

More than anything, I am interested in knowing in which cases and for
what purposes the aforesaid procedure (as well as related commands,
such as "gimp-progress-uninstall" and "gimp-progress-cancel") could be
used within scripts. Can you give me some examples?

Thanks in advance.