On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Rob Antonishen <rob.antonis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doesn't work how? It works for me.. just not 100% like I want it to.
>> (ie. interpolation is not helpful). I'm using
>> git master (31aa09a11f2a2486c4cf9ab69104019d97c1d68a)
>>

> I just did a pull make/make install.  I don;t know how to get the git
> master number :(

type "git log" in your shell
Providing you haven't added additional patches or switched to an
alternate branch, the hash belonging to the topmost entry will be the
one you want.

> I started with this image: http://gimpchat.com/files/196_funnydog1.png
>
> And using a simple (4 point) cage deform get this:
> http://www.majhost.com/gallery/ffaat/gimp/more2/196_funnydog1.png

Aha! I can reproduce this! The interpolation is actually completely
borked in all indexed cases (it interpolates as if the indices were
grayscale values).. but if the image color map is sorted by
brightness, this often produces approximately correct results anyway.