On 11/12/2010 09:21 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> What are the requirements for "good enough to be included in GIMP 3.0"?
> If we don't have them yet, we really should start collecting them.

I see only one: general usefulness. IMHO the "Filters" menu is getting a
bit out of hand. There are plenty of things there that I never use (the
same applies to brushes/patterns/gradients). Having the extra ones there
isn't free, they get in the way of the people who don't use them (and
slow down startup). I would be in favor of a more "barebones"
installation, with task-oriented complements:

- art (filters/artistic, filters/decor, filters/render, many
- image (most of the "filters/enhance" part, "filters/photo", de-noise,
de-shake, color balance)
- maybe a "beginner's pack" with some of the current stuff.

> The docs page about the plug-in suggests that the author didn't really know
> what's going on, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion.

The hover balloon in the menu also says "Special effects that nobody
understands" :-)