Just read the specs here:

I like that very much... except this:

> Transformation constraints
> [...]
> from centre
>     works on scale and shear, toggled by <ctrl>
> [...]
> centre/corner rotate
>     works on rotation axis, toggled by <ctrl>

Constraining the scale around the center is arbitrary. Scale could be
constrained around any fixed point, and this fixed point could as well
be the already defined rotation axis (which, by default, is at the
center...). If I want to adjust a layer over another one, I don't want
scale to move things around. I would move the upper layer until one of
its pixels is at its final place, then pin that one down and
rotate/scale the upper layer to make at least another pixel match.

Additional suggestion; the current crosshair design masks the reference
pixel, and in many cases the lines leading to it. A diagonal crosshair
with a 3x3 pixels clear center could be better.