On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can't know for sure that no one uses this plug-in in some script
> somewhere, and if we don't have a good reason to break our plug-in API,
> we don't do it. Impatience is not a good reason :)

Here is a better reason, maybe.  It is a good thing if people can learn to
use Gimp
by experimenting.  When features are included for which experimenting leads
only
to confusion, and never to anything useful, users are discouraged from
experimenting.
In my opinion, there are two plug-ins that have this property:  the "Van
Gogh" filter (which
has absolutely nothing to do with  Van Gogh), and the so-called "NL Filter".

  -- Bill