On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 11:27 PM, ash oakenfold
<conceptual.iner...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My application can function without gimp. I only use gimp to stitch together
> and save a larger image as an optional last step.

If your needs really are this simple, ImageMagick is a pretty powerful
tool released under a BSD-like license that may suit your needs.

You may also want to consider using GEGL for your application.  There
is a plan afoot to use GEGL as the backend for GIMP compositing, and
I'm sure everyone would appreciate as much 'real-world' testing of
this library as possible - assuming flash allows that level of
integration.

Chris