On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM, andy gill <andygg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm a coder with some spare time, wondering how to spend it.
> Are there any jobs that could be usefully picked up by someone who isn't one
> of the core developers?

One thing that will prove beneficial in the future, is the porting
more of the plug-ins GIMP ships with by default to also be available
GEGL ops. (thus preparing for the time when GIMP is internally using
GeglBuffers and having >8bpc ways of processing is more important.

Looking at various files in common/ and other subdirectories of
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gegl/tree/operations/ should provide a
guide to how such ops can be implemented.

Such contributions would be completely self-contained and thus not
need any changes to infrastructure.

Such ops would at first only be available through the GEGL tool with
automatically constructed property UIs. I expect at some point that
there will also be seperatly loadable plug-ins providing custom UIs
for specific GEGL ops. (This is something I believe might belong in
GIMP not GEGL; or perhaps even in a gegl-gtk-ui convenience library).

/Øyvind K.