On 01/17/2011 11:32 PM, Mike Williams wrote:
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Sven Neumann <s...@gimp.org <mailto:s...@gimp.org>> wrote:So far this has been the most constructive idea that has been brought up

    in this thread. So why not? Let's try to come up with a list of bugs
    that block the GIMP 2.8 release and put bounties on them. Who wants to
    volunteer to prepare a list of bugs that are worth having a bounty put
    on them?

    Sven

Hi there. This has been effective for google and mozilla, sounds like it is worth a try. I've got one week before school starts, if the list appears soon, I'd be inclined to try to fix something.

Ideally CS professors would be lured into giving assignments around GIMP bug fixing... And this would introduce students to real-world programming.