On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 00:29 -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Um, sorry. Somehow I was under the impression that it should work. But
> > you are right, it's supported for plug-ins but not (yet) for Script-Fu
> > scripts.
> Are translations enabled on all plug-ins? What about for Python scripts?

Python scripts are full-fledged plug-ins and can use the framework that
exists for GIMP plug-ins. There's API to register a translation domain
and this allows third-party plug-ins to install their own message

> Having taken a look at a plugin just after I wrote those initial questions I
> remember we talked about adding a _ function (or something like that) so
> that Script-Fu would have a way to mark strings for translation allowing for
> getenv(?) to be called during runtime.

Script-Fu has that already (and it's gettext that gets called, or
actually dgetext). However so far the message is translated in the
standard script-fu translation domain so this doesn't work for
third-party scripts.