On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 22:39 +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Martin wants to change the Undo system using the Command Pattern (see
> comment 43 of the above report, and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Pattern for an explanation of this
> pattern).

It's a good architecture - I've used a scheme-scriptable editor once
before that had this pattern (before they were called patterns) along
with MVC, and along with scheme access to the menus, keypress events
etc., and it turned out to be very powerful.

(when I brought it up in IRC some time ago there didn't seem to be much
support, though, so I am not sure there's agreement on it yet)