After spending some time on IRC, I decided this is the best way to
report it. I noticed Nokia "Ovi Store" (an app store) carries a software
named "SnapMe" which is clearly not GPL using GIMP application icon. You
should be able to see when you click on following link:
I did my best to report (c) violation to Nokia but from what I hear,
their staff is way overloaded. Actual way to report it is at article 7
of following document which requires you to be the actual copyright
owner of the image.
7. Allegations of Copyright Infringement
You may notify Nokia of copyright infringement on the Service by
providing notice (a) by email with “Copyright Notification” in the
subject line to copyright.noti...@nokia.com, (b) by a document titled
“Copyright Notification” mailed to Nokia, Attn: Copyright Agent, 102
Corporate Park Drive, White Plains, NY 10604, USA or (c) via the online
form, if available. Your notice must:
(1) identify the original copyrighted work you claim is infringed;
(2) identify the content on the Service that you claim is infringing the
copyrighted work. Please provide enough detail for Nokia to locate the
allegedly infringing content on the Service;
(3) provide your contact information, including your full name, mailing
address, telephone number, and email address, if available;
(4) provide a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use
of the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the
copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(5) provide this statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the
information in this notification and complaint is accurate and that I am
the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright
owner of an exclusive right that is infringed."; and
(6) provide your signature, as applicable.
So as I know copyright issues should be taken serious, especially by GPL
software, I thought I better report it this way.
Sorry for off topic message, if it is...
Gimp-developer mailing list