On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 19:59 -0500, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 22:39 +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> [...]
> > Martin wants to change the Undo system using the Command Pattern (see
> > comment 43 of the above report, and
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_Pattern for an explanation of this
> > pattern).
> It's a good architecture - I've used a scheme-scriptable editor once
> before that had this pattern (before they were called patterns) along
> with MVC, and along with scheme access to the menus, keypress events
> etc., and it turned out to be very powerful.
> (when I brought it up in IRC some time ago there didn't seem to be much
> support, though, so I am not sure there's agreement on it yet)

I discussed this with Martin, and the outcome was to have a command
layer around the core, and not make it a 1:1 match of undo operations,
because undos are very atomic operation, whereas commands rather
correspond to undo groups of arbitrary complexity.

So there will be a connection between the two, but they can't
be "merged" the way Michael's last mail suggests.