Nelson A. de Oliveira ( wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Simon Budig <> wrote:
> > For Gimp itself there is a bug report on this issue at
> >

> > I guess I'll commit the patch attached to the bugreport soon unless
> > someone has a better suggestion.
> But here, for example (from your patch):
> snprintf (fmt_str, sizeof (fmt_str), "%%d %%d %%%lds", sizeof (endbuf) - 1);
> if (sscanf (line, fmt_str, &t->majtype, &t->type, end) != 3)
> Won't it still be affected by a very large integer (like the example
> that I sent on my initial message) at the first or second position in
> the file?

Ah sorry, should have mentioned that. The bug report is older than your
mail to the list. We had a report on the %s conversion earlier which is
what the patch attached to the bug attempts to fix.

The %i problems are new to me and I tend to think that these are bugs in
the libc and should be fixed there, although it probably would not hurt
to add some more length specifiers...