Boot Camp . . . good idea.  Docs . . . good idea.

Let the newbie's like me (coming out of boot camp) write some of the Docs.

Presently I have everything compiled and running under Ubuntu, and I am just
reviewing the code to get some sort of context.

It is huge.  Incredible, actually.  Who wrote all of this?  Wow.

A few comments:

* It seems to work best to put the entire project (all source, and all build
product) under a project folder in the Home directory.
* If possible, that should include a *copy *of any external dependencies . .
. with environment variables (etc) adjusted accordingly
* The project ought to be able to exist in a "*bubble*" . . . so as to avoid
confusion . . . regarding copies of dependencies that might exist in the OS.
* Multiple different project versions ought to be able to exist on the same
machine without stepping over each other.

Note: I wrote a minimal bash script that duplicates (automates) the steps I
took to get to the present state.  Maybe we could expand on that idea.

* If we do it right, compiling for Linux vs. Windows vs. OSx ought require
no more than the flip of a switch.  The Blender folks, and others, are
moving in that direction.
* Shouldn't we standardize on a common development IDE (like Eclipse)?  If I
am missing something in that area . . . let me know.

Thanks,

Steve Greenwalt (a.k.a. "Acumen")