On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 08:39 +0100, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Hmm I don't understand your reasoning. So you rather waste time manually
> refactoring Java code than using Eclipse' excellent integrated
> reafactoring features?

Yes, though your evaluation of "excellent" could be argued as
subjective.  From my perspective, it's a better waste of time than
wondering though the plethora of useless features of most IDEs.  The
best Unix developer I ever met (Ken Witte, Dell Computer) bounced around
code 10 times faster than I've ever seen anyone with an IDE.

Any tool will do if you know how to use it.  It's what you do with it
that's important.  That's what I mean by "don't get bogged down by the
tools".

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjham...@graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org