Hi Joao,

thanks for the input!

Right now this would be only for me since my workflow somewhat depends
on this mode.
I have already written an external implementation which is run from a
script, but of course it would speed up things a lot if I had a realtime
feedback on what the result will look like. :)

I might still take a look at the sources you mentioned. Maybe I'll learn
something about how GIMP works. :)