Our school system appears to be headed for using GIMP as a way of teaching
our students about graphics.

Can you point me in the direction of where I would go to get GOOD tutorial
information about GIMP so that I can properly teach it?

Can you point me in the direction of a list of places that actually use
GIMP for photo retouching and graphics creation. We are trying to give our
kids real-world skills and we need to be able to point to real places that
are using GIMP for photo retouching and graphics resolution. If I am going
to teach using this software I need as much ammunition as possible to make
this seem exciting and something that the kids will WANT to learn to use.

Thank you.

Debi Rapson
Memorial High School
Art & Technology Dept