We are not speaking about the same thing. The fact that you want to change
some channels in some color model does not mean that the internal
representation of images must be based on this color model. You need tools
for generating a proper CMYK representation of you image, suited to your
printing shop hardware, but that does not mean that the image you handle
must use this representation from the beginning.

RGB is the internal representation of the images. It's also a color model,
not especially suitable for manipulating colors. Thus you need tools that
handle the image in more convenient color spaces. When you define a color
using the color chooser, I suppose you work in HSV, not RGB?

2011/3/8 Bogdan Szczurek <thebod...@gmail.com>

> or better yet: Lab? ;]
>
> Anyway CMYK is neccessary too...
>
> W dniu 2011-03-08 10:08 użytkownik "Ofnuts" <ofn...@laposte.net> napisał:
>
> On 03/08/2011 08:46 AM, Olivier wrote:
> >
> > 2011/3/8 Michael Grosberg <grosberg.mich...@gmail.com>
>  >>...
> Could you explain why retouching photos should be made in RGB rather than
> HSV/HSL :)

Olivier Lecarme