On 3/8/11, Bogdan Szczurek wrote:

>> Since we got carried away from the topic anyway, I keep hearing users
>> complaining about various bits of GIMP still not color managed, most
>> notoriously -- filter preview and sample points. The latter is sort of
>> critical to those who uses separate+ and/or CMYKTool after editing
>> things in GIMP. That makes one wonder if it will be addressed in 2.8
>> or later.
> I think that we could touch here a broader problem of system wide
> color management. I think leaving color management to every single
> graphics editor separately is a no-no.

Oh, but you don't have to do it :) GNOME Color Manager already
provides D-Bus methods to request stuff like working color space
profile. Any D-Bus enabled app (and GIMP is one) can do that. For 2.8,
however, simply fixing what's already there would be enough.

(Albeit I heard from users who deal with DTP that they actually like
advanced cms display filter: http://registry.gimp.org/node/24944)

Alexandre Prokoudine