On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Jacek Poplawski
<jacekpoplaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 8:47 PM, Charlie De <charlieco...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Why?? Rupert Weber finished this last September and you promised it would be
>> in
>> 2.8. Is this how you show respect for the most stellar effort by a new
>> talent?
>> Shame, truly, shame on you. It's now been 5 years since the issue was first
>> reported, you're going to add another year even though the work is done. That
>> is, if you don't break your promise again. Where's your integrity?
> This is very sad.

I am not among the people working on GIMP itself - in the context of
GIMP is primarily do work on GEGL - but I can tell both of you that
this type of email does not serve to motivate any developer. At best
they ignore it; at worst they get discouraged and decide that spending
some of their spare time contributing to the common good/free
software/GIMP is not worth it.

/Øyvind Kolås
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/