On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Charlie De <charlieco...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> My criticism is for the whole team involved in these decisions, I don't wish
> single out Martin or ask anyone to quit.

I understand your frustration, but you need to understand why we do
things the way we do. Patches that come in need to be reviewed by a
core developer  to be accepted to assure continued code quality(and
that's quite important in keeping the code from devolving into a
mess...). We have approximately 1.5 core developers to do that at the
moment and cleaning up stuff already in 2.8 tree takes priority.

Big patches developed in isolation have hard time making it into the
tree, because the integration is often pain. If you really care about
getting something in you need to become engaged in the developer
community and work within the developer comunity... Then the merge
phase is easy...
--
--Alexia