Hi,

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Michael Natterer <mi...@gimp.org> wrote:
> So when you write code, how much time do you spend writing the
> boilerplate? 10%? I would say it's much much less, because writing
> the code is a small fraction of the time actually spent on the code,
> the rest is debugging, refactoring, reading and reading it over
> and over again. The percentage of writing the actual boilerplate
> rapidly drops to a few percent.

Isn't debugging, refactoring and code reading (finding references,
going to definition, etc etc -- noone reads code like a book, right?)
many times faster in Java or C# IDEs ? AFAIK Vala could be integrated
into IDEs (Eclipse, Monodevelop, Valide) in a similar way as Java or
C# and provide many benefits that most of the developers use for many
years already..