Hi!

I don't have any description of Fractal scaling algorithm. Technique
described at previous message is based only upon my ideas and knowledges
from research articles and books (Yuval Fisher - "Fractal Image
Compression", Stephen Welstead - "Fractal and Wavelet Image Compression
Techniques"). The algorithm used in Genuine Fractals program (by OnOne
Software Inc.) is patented and unknown to me.

About comparing and capabilities.
There are a lot of comparisons of different image scaling algorithms in the
web. For example:
http://audio.rightmark.org/lukin/graphics/lhouse_more.htm
It has a big advantage comparing with bilinear and bicubic algorithms.
The algorithm can scale "up" and "down", user simply should specify new
resolution.

Regards, Alexander Beloborodov.