> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Owen <rc...@pcug.org.au> wrote:
>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > When I try to use any gegl operation eg - load on running the file
>> > get the
>> > error -
>> > Message: Module '/usr/local/lib/gegl-0.1/ff-load.so' load error:
>> > /usr/local/lib/gegl-0.1/ff-load.so: undefined symbol:
>> > avcodec_decode_video2
>> >
>> > can anyone help??
>>
>> just guessing, but when you ran autogen.sh to configure gegl, did
>> you
>> have this output.
>>

>> checking for AVFORMAT... yes
>> checking libavformat/avformat.h usability... yes
>> checking libavformat/avformat.h presence... yes
>> checking for libavformat/avformat.h... yes
>> checking linux/videodev.h usability... yes
>> checking linux/videodev.h presence... yes
>> checking for linux/videodev.h... yes
>>
>> So do you have avformat.h
>>
>> Do you have videodev.h
>>
>> As I said, just a guess
>>

>> Owen
>>

>> I searched for avformat.h and found it on my system -
> /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h
>
> what actually is this error from??

Do you have videodev.h

Again, I am only guessing but avcodec_decode_video2 is a variable or
function for decoding video.

What system are you using. just install anything that looks like
avformat, libavcodec, ffmpeg, anything to do with video then recompile
gegl and try again.

you are simply missing something.

Owen