Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:43:07 +0200
   From: Marc Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 11:04:44PM -0700, Jay Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   > > A normal user has nothing to do with the swap file, except that he will
   > > find that his disk is full and many hours later he might even find the
   > > reason....
   > It will be much more difficult for the user to find the cause if
   > we unlink the file as soon as we create it.  The normal programs
   > used to find wasted space like "du" and "find" will not be able
   > to locate the unlinked gimp swap file.  This would be a bad
   > thing, particularly on multiuser systems.

   Under what circumstances will this happen? As soon as the user exits or
   kills a runaway gimp the soace will be gone, so no space will be wasted.

If the user knows that the gimp is what's taking up the space.  And if
it isn't running away, there's no real clue that anything's wrong
other than the fact that there's no free disk space.

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--Eric Crampton