I've updated the print plugin to do all dither calculations in 16
bits.  Thus far I've been too cowardly to simply rip all of the 8-bit
code out, but that might be my next step if I've actually done
everything correctly.

The 16 bit calculations significantly improve tonal reproduction in
the highlights.  In 8 bits, there's a lot of stair stepping caused by
quantization, which goes away in 16 bits.  The only downside is that
it's about a factor of 2 slower.

http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/print.tar.gz, as usual.

The current architecture isn't (IMHO) ideal, for a number of reasons.
Right now I'm trying to simply get good quality output with the
current system.  Later on that can be revisited.

--
Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

--Eric Crampton