On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 03:40:39PM +0000, Lee Willis wrote:
> Just a quick question. What is the copyright status on the icons used in
> the Gimp. The reason that I'm asking is that we'd quite like to use the
> "New Layer" icon from the gimp (Copy attached) on out company site as
> part of a link to produce printer-friendly versions of pages. Is this
> OK?  Credit will of course be given, I presume I just credit the Gimp
> project as a whole, do I also have to provide a link to the GPL?

I dont know :)

To avoid the problem, I thought it was less effort to draw a new 'paper'
icon for you from scratch than to dig up a discussion about the licenses :)

        -> http://tigert.gimp.org/files/temp/sheet.gif

I place this in the publice domain. Enjoy :)

Tuomas Kuosmanen

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.
| some stuff at http://tigert.gimp.org/ |