The message means that Gimp's jpeg plug-in is complied with a older version
of the jpeg library (6.1 i think). The easiest solution is that you
download the src package of Gimp 1.0.2 and extract the jpeg src file. I
think it's only one c file and you should be able to recompile it with
gimptool --build jpeg.c .

Cheers Olof