On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 03:10:30PM +0100, Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul Melis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > I suggest the following generalisation:
> > a thingy (for lack of a good name) which:
> > Every image can then have a set of thingies associated

While this _is_ interesting for some uses, for most people this would be a
large hindrance (I would dislike being forced to switch to paintbrush for
_every_ image I have loaded in turn to draw to them).

Making that a preferences item won't help, either.

> This has been adressed in the context-system. Michael Natterer
> did work on this. I dont know the current state, but it probably
> wont come into 1.2.

The context stuff will be in 1.2, although in somewhat crippled form.