On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Marc Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 10:56:28AM +0100, "Paul E.C. Melis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > Default for images could then be that there's no specific active tool,
> > while you could still select one (and make it active) later, if you want.
>
> > I don't see how you could dislike this.
>
> I dislike it because it does not say how this is accomplished. Do I have a
> toggle for each tool, for each image, or?
>
> > be changed, and if you would like an active tool at some point, just make
> > one active.
>
> Yes, but how is this done?

Here is a suggestion: the default would be to use the same tool for
all images, as we do now.  But there would be a new button or checkbox
associated with the image, with a description (tooltip) saying
something like "lock active tool for this image" or "remember tool".

Any image (or any view?) that has this option turned on would always
use the same tool, even if you change the "global" active tool.  That
would allow you to associate the color picker with one image, while
you are switching tools freely for the other images.

-Raphael