On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 06:33:02PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I included in the packages the scripts I used to link the libraries and
> > the perl shared-objects, but don't ask me why it suddenly started working.
> And I just wanted to ask you what the problem was ... ;)

All I can say is that I had to build the libraries by hand (especially
libgimp.a and libgimpui.a). It seems to me that AIX doesn't like the way
libtool just renames a shared-object to a .a file (instead of doing the
'ar' thing), and it then complains of duplicate symbols. But for libgimp
and libgimpui I also had to tweak the link options to export and import a
few external symbols.

I spent ages trying to the the Perl modules to work with the shared libs.
During the dlload() of the Lib.so and UI.so it couldn't find PLUG_IN_INFO
(needed by libgimp.a). I reckon this is an AIX defect. I tried recompiling
perl with "run time linking" (-brtl) enabled, but that didn't improve

Then I just cracked and used "-bstatic -lgimp -lgimpui -bshared" to
add these libs statically to the perl modules, which cured the problems.


Ciaran Deignan                                Tel: (France) 04 76 29 79 92
BULL XS-BU (http://www-frec.bull.com)                 HA and Consolidation

Mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Bullcom: 229 79 92
PGP: B1 78 FB 88 FD 86 58 A8  89 7B 22 8C D0 E8 71 FC       Fax: 229 75 18

Reply via email to