I believe the patch fixes only one of a number of possible ways that
After all, I got around to test it. Though the patch got a bit messed up
by sending it via mail, I managed to apply it. It works. At least, I
checked that selecting a layer within L&C does indeed change the active
layer indicated within the image.
suspend_gimage_notify can get out of sync, so I'm not closing
the related bug reports; see http://idt.net/~gosgood/gimp-patch/patch04.html,
I believe you may see this again, particularly running scripts.
Keep us posted by submitting any suspicious behaviour to
Thanks for your help. Be good, be well