On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 11:05:35AM -0500, Glyph Lefkowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Since the only advantage of this is the stack-trace for non-developers,

The consensus was to remove it in release versions. So if the only advantage
is for non-developers, why not remove it altogether?

(It must be removed from the plug-in anyway, since it cribbles over
the signal handlers prepared by the plug-in, rendering signal handling

BTW: the stacktrace option has never worked on my machine(s), unless you
call "endless loop" working. Also, I could never get out of that signal
handler.  Gimp just started to suck 100% cpu time when I tried to "e"xit.

I doubt that this thing is useful for anybody (I tried it even on a stock
redhat 6.1 system). It is a constant annoyance.