Marc Lehmann spontaneously blurts out:
> The solution to too large menus is a better way to display them, not
> demanding that I use the same font as you.

Exactly! Scaling is one of the the biggest problems with modern (especially
Open Source) GUI design. Stuff gets written to accommodate the author's
immediate needs and what happens when the data (in this case plugins) explodes
in number.  EVERY gui developer (casual or not) should be required to
read Tufte's design books before being allowed to code.

Perhaps this is something that we should talk about at LWE.

        -Dean Johnson
         Tool Hooligan
         Cluster Admin Tools & Jessie Project
         Silicon Graphics Inc.    Eagan,MN      (651) 683-5880

      "I am Dyslexic of Borg, Your Ass will be Laminated"    -- unknown