On  9 Feb, Mike wrote:

> Here is the file log you requested in order to have an easier
> debugging. Hopefully it can be useful, so that you fix this bug! BTW:
> On my box, not all locales (as Mark said in his report) are broken. I
> tested out them all, and I found that only it and de crash gimp.- Any
> particular reason for that??

 Now I do know the reason for YOUR crash:
 The output shows that your GIMP crashes just before initialising
 the menu "/Layer Boundary Size" which is obviously not correct translated
 in the Italian catalog. There seem to be a few more maybe also in the
 German catalog.

 This, however, is no answer to the question: Why the hell does my
 system not crash although using the same catalogs?