On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Alternatively we can of course merge all menus into one GIMP menu...

It seems like this is really the only reasonable option -- I think that
there should be a 'menu' spot in the tools, like the top-left menu in the
image windows, since the toolbar is frequently too thin for the menus
anyway (vertical layout, try using a large font in your gtk theme
sometime...) and if it's not (horizontal layout), then the menubar is
taking up far too much screen real estate for no reason.

I think that a menubar on that window looks dumb... since it is
essentially a palette.

Even if you can deceive people about a product through misleading statements,
sooner or later the product will speak for itself.
- Hajime Karatsu