On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 06:55:12PM +0000, Nick Lamb wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 05:32:41PM +0000, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> > I think that given the number of people who are bitten by this, is
> > there nothing we can do in the gimp to work-around the GTK problem?
>
> Is this bug fixed in a new version of the theme? If not, why not?

It is.

Tue Jan 25 10:55:06 2000  Owen Taylor  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * pixmap_theme_draw.c (draw_flat_box): Workaround hack
        to fix the fact that most pixmap themes are broken for eventboxes
        for GTK+-1.2.x.

There's been a release since then, even.

> If it is fixed, perhaps we can make binary packags of Gimp 1.2 depend
> on the fix being in place, preferably with a soft dependency.

That'd be somewhat difficult, since it is a totally optional component,
and gimp doesn't get to really even see it.

-Yosh