> My 0.02 Euro: I would like to change the Edit->Fill behaviour globally
> and at the same time provide a three-lines script (or code in the
> core) that would register itself as "Edit->Fill with BG" and would
> swap the colors, call gimp-edit-fill and restore the colors again.  So
> those who prefer the current behaviour could bind Ctrl-. to it.

The idea to have another menu entry is IMHO a good one and better then
adding a new preferences option. But please do not use a script or
another weird hack that changes the fg/bg for the fill, then restores
it later. Better add a fill_type parameter to the internal edit_fill()
function and default to FOREGROUND_FILL for the PDB call.

Salut, Sven