On Mon, Feb 21, 2000 at 01:37:39PM +0100, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> I have a question: what standard do the po-filenames follow?

[Sleepy misunderstanding deleted]

Just in case anyone else is as tired as Marc was when he wrote that,
we're using the same convention as everyone else in gettext-land,
basically ISO 639 (ISO-639-2?) with necessary extensions to provide
for the variants e.g. en_GB is a British variant of en, and if it
existed fr_US would be the kind of French spoken in the USA.

Most of the alternatives are silly (three letter ISO 639 has some
things in it's favour, but I don't think we need Ancient Egyptian
or C11 Dutch variants for Gimp)

I suppose we should be thankful that at least no-one is checking in
code when they're that tired!