Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:49:14 -0800
   From: Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 08:38:51AM -0500, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   > Gimptool has no specific way to echo the name of the Gimp installation
   > directory.  There are options for installing things, for getting
   > flags, and such, but nothing to simply report where the Gimp is
   > installed.
   > The issue here is that I'd like change the printer descriptions inside
   > the print plugin to use a control file of sorts rather than having all
   > the capabilities hardcoded in the driver (forcing a recompile to make
   > even minor changes).  Right now I can get by with --install-bin and
   > such, but that won't help me if I need to install auxiliary files.

   gimptool --prefix and gimptool --exec-prefix will give you these dirs.

All they give me is /usr/local; they don't tell me where the Gimp is
really installed (I have to know a lot about the Gimp's structure to
use this output).

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Project lead for The Gimp Print --

--Eric Crampton