Marc wrote on Son, 09 Apr 2000:

>> > As some people already have said, this is wrong.
>>
>>  Please note that I spoke of Linux not of any OS in the world.
>
>Me, too: linux configurations that only have msgfmt (and lack msgmerge and
>msgunfmt) _are_ quite common, at least according to the reports we got.

AFAI understand the reports: Some (all?) distributions distinguish between
gettext-normal and gettext-devel.  The fist one has no msgmerge but the
second, because it's thought of as an development tool.  But since
configure doesn't test for both parts (normal and developer) it guesses
wrong at the presence of the whole gettext.

Uwe

--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/